This Middle Eastern dish literally translates to “stuffing.” It’s what my mom stuffs our Thanksgiving turkey with – minus the peas. It’s super easy to make and really gives you the feeling that you’re eating something exotic.
- 1 lb. – 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked white basmati rice
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium pan, season the ground beef with the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper and then brown it
- Once the meat is cooked, add 2 cups of water to the pan and stir
- Bring the water to a boil and add the frozen peas and mix
- Bring the water to a boil again and add in the rice and stir
- Lower the heat on the stove to low and cover the pot
- Keep stirring the rice often so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until the rice is tender
*Try topping this rice with cool plain yogurt – it’s not only a refreshing combination, but it also hits all of the food groups!